Web Live News

3 Killed In Vienna “Terror Attack” At 6 Locations; 1 Gunman Shot Dead

3 Killed In Vienna “Terror Attack” At 6 Locations; 1 Gunman Shot Dead

3 Killed In Vienna “Terror Attack” At 6 Locations; 1 Gunman Shot Dead
November 03
12:00 2020

Vienna terrorist attack: The attack had been carried out by “several suspects armed with rifles”, and police added that there had been “six different shooting locations”.

A huge manhunt was under way Tuesday after gunmen opened fire at multiple locations across central Vienna, killing at least three people and wounding several more in what Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz describes as a “repulsive terror attack”.

One of the shooters was shot dead by police who said they were chasing for in any event one more attacker still on the loose.

The Vienna assailant shot dead by police was a supporter of the Islamic State gathering, Austria’s inside pastor said Tuesday. “This is a radicalized individual who felt near IS,” Karl Nehammer said at a public interview.

The assaults, in six areas incorporating almost a temple in the focal point of the city, were done by “a few speculate furnished with rifles”, police said on Monday night.

The shooting started only hours before Austria was to re-force a Covid lockdown, with individuals out in bars and eateries appreciating the last evening of relative opportunity.

Police at first said one individual had been slaughtered by the shooter, with public telecaster ORF depicting them as a bystander.

Vienna civic chairman Michael Ludwig later disclosed to ORF that a subsequent individual had passed on of her wounds and that 15 individuals had been taken to the emergency clinic, seven of them genuinely injured.

Police said that an official had likewise been harmed during the assaults.

The assaults began at around 8 pm (1900 GMT) when the primary shots were heard in the city’s midway found the first locale.

In a public interview in the early long stretches of Tuesday, Interior Minister Karl Nehammer stated: “As indicated by what we presently know, there is, in any event, one aggressor who is still on the run.”

It was indistinct the number of attackers was associated with the attack.

Addressing ORF, Austrian pioneer Kurz said the aggressors “were very well furnished with programmed weapons” and had “arranged expertly”.

Prior, he tweeted: “Our police will act conclusively against the culprits of this loathsome dread assault,” adding that “we will never be scared by psychological warfare and we will battle this assault with all methods”.

Kurz said that while police were focusing on the counter dread activity, the military would assume control over the security of significant structures in Vienna.

Nehammer encouraged Vienna inhabitants to stay in their homes and avoid every open spot or public vehicle. He said that kids would not be relied upon to go to class on Tuesday.

Alarms and helicopters could be heard in the downtown area as crisis administrations reacted to the assault.

An AFP picture taker said that enormous quantities of police were guarding a region close to the city’s reality acclaimed drama house.

The area of the underlying shooting was near a significant gathering place.

The leader of Vienna’s Jewish people group Oskar Deutsch said that shots had been discharged “in the quick region” of the Stadttempel place of worship, however, added that it was at present obscure whether the sanctuary – shut at that point – had been the objective of an assault.

“It seemed like fireworks, at that point we understood it was shotted,” said one observer cited by ORF.

A shooter had “shot uncontrollably with a programmed weapon” before police showed up and started shooting, the observer added.

In the bustling bars and cafés, individuals were advised to remain inside.

“Toward the start, I pondered internally that perhaps we were making an American film or that they had tanked excessively,” said server Jimmy Eroglu, 42.

Be that as it may, at that point he heard shots. “The police came in and stated, ‘all of you need to remain inside on the grounds that there’s a most likely a dead man there'”.

Robert Schneider, who lives in focal Vienna, went out and discovered two lasers prepared on his chest.

“Hands up, remove your coat,” officials yelled at him, the 39-year-old told AFP. “We had seen nothing, heard nothing. We are in stun.”

Austria had as of not long ago been saved from such significant assaults that have hit other European nations.

President Emmanuel Macron of France, which has encountered two genuine assaults lately, tweeted that “we French offer the stun and distress of the Austrian public”.

“After France, it’s a cordial country that has been assaulted,” he added, alluding to the killing on Thursday of three individuals by an assailant in the southern city of Nice and the decapitation of a teacher by a speculated Islamist outside Paris a few days prior.

EU Council boss Charles Michel tweeted that the alliance “unequivocally denounces this apprehensive demonstration”, with European and worldwide pioneers likewise voicing help for Austria.

Czech police said they were leading keeps an eye on the outskirt with Austria.

“Police are completing arbitrary checks of vehicles and travelers on outskirt intersections with Austria as a preventive measure corresponding to the dread assault in Vienna,” Czech police tweeted.

About Author

Admin

Admin

Related Articles

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment

RSS Sports

  • Mary Kate Cornett takes aim at Pat McAfee over handling of viral rumor: ‘Absolutely ridiculous’ - New York Post
    Mary Kate Cornett takes aim at Pat McAfee over handling of viral rumor: ‘Absolutely ridiculous’  New York PostCollege student who became subject of viral rumor says incident has ‘ruined’ her life  NBC NewsSt. Louis sports radio show accused of spreading false rumor about Ole Miss student  STLtoday.comMcAfee, ESPN Could Be Sued After Boosting Viral Internet Rumor  Sportico.comESPN’s Pat McAfee […]
  • Alex Ovechkin’s greatest feat? Mixing ordinary with extraordinary on the way to NHL immortality - The New York Times
    Alex Ovechkin’s greatest feat? Mixing ordinary with extraordinary on the way to NHL immortality  The New York TimesOvechkin nets 892nd, now 3 from breaking mark  ESPNAlex Ovechkin goals tracker: 'The Great Eight' is 3 away from breaking Wayne Gretzky’s all-time record of 894  Yahoo SportsOvechkin scores goal No. 892, Hurricanes top Capitals, clinch playoff berth  NHL.comA leap year ploy […]
  • 2025 college basketball transfer portal: Which teams are contacting top guards - 247Sports
    2025 college basketball transfer portal: Which teams are contacting top guards  247SportsCollege basketball transfer rankings 2025: Top 50 players headlined by Yaxel Lendeborg, outgoing Maryland duo  CBS SportsRanking the top 50 players in the college basketball transfer portal  247SportsTop women’s basketball players in transfer portal: Olivia Miles, Ta’Niya Latson, Cotie McMahon - The Athletic  The New York TimesTop Players […]
  • Guaranteed possession in 10-minute OT could have unintended consequences - NBC Sports
    Guaranteed possession in 10-minute OT could have unintended consequences  NBC SportsNFL owners vote to adjust ball spot on touchbacks to 35-yard line on dynamic kickoffs  NFL.comNFL owners OK kickoff, replay, OT rule changes  ESPNHere’s how the new NFL rules on kickoffs and overtime will work  AP NewsGoing Over the New NFL Rule Changes  Daily Norseman
  • Falcons will listen to trade offers but have made no promises to Kirk Cousins - NBC Sports
    Falcons will listen to trade offers but have made no promises to Kirk Cousins  NBC SportsKirk Cousins conspiracy theories are fun, but the Browns’ focus should be on longer-term fix: Dan Labbe  Cleveland.com'We have a responsibility to the franchise': Arthur Blank, Raheem Morris detail looming Kirk Cousins decision  Atlanta FalconsWhat the Falcons are saying about their amicable standoff […]

Follow Us