Web Live News

JEE, NEET To Go Ahead, Supreme Court Dismisses 6 Opposition-Ruled States’ Plea

JEE, NEET To Go Ahead, Supreme Court Dismisses 6 Opposition-Ruled States’ Plea

JEE, NEET To Go Ahead, Supreme Court Dismisses 6 Opposition-Ruled States’ Plea
September 04
15:29 2020

The Supreme Court had earlier rejected such a request by 11 students from 11 states.

The Supreme Court today rejected for the second time a request to postpone the engineering and medical exams JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) and NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) on account of the coronavirus crisis. This time, six opposition-ruled states had asked the court to review its earlier order and put off the exams for the safety of lakhs of students.

There is no legitimacy in the request, Justices Ashok Bhushan, BR Gavai and Krishna Murari said in the wake of thinking about it in their chambers. “No case is settled on out for rethinking our previous choice,” said the top court.

The Supreme Court had on August 17 dismissed a comparative solicitation by 11 understudies from 11 states.

Maharashtra, Bengal, Punjab, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Puducherry had chosen to demand the court to reexamine its choice in light of a legitimate concern for understudies.

The states had asserted that the top court request neglected to make sure about understudies’ “entitlement to life” and overlooked “getting teeth calculated challenges” to be looked at in leading the tests during the COVID-19 pandemic.

They had requested the tests to be conceded “in a way that accomplishes the twin destinations of guaranteeing that the scholastic year of the understudies isn’t squandered and their wellbeing and security isn’t undermined.”

JEE began on September 1 and will proceed till September 6 and the NEET test is to be hung on September 13. The state governments that requested the court, similar to Bengal, guarantee that lakhs of understudies couldn’t take the test.

In its prior request, the Supreme Court had would not meddle with the clinical and building placement tests saying “life must go on” and “understudies can’t lose a valuable year because of the pandemic”.

The states’ request called that request “secretive, non-talking” and one that neglected to address different viewpoints and complexities engaged with a matter of this extent. The audit request said the simple reality that lakhs of understudies have enlisted for the test – a contention every now and again set up by the local government – isn’t demonstrative of their assent or their ability or their longing to go to physical tests.

“It is presented that on the off chance that the (August 17 request) isn’t assessed then grave and hopeless damage and injury would come to pass for on the understudy network of our nation and not exclusively will the wellbeing, government assistance and security of the understudies/applicants showing up for the NEET/JEE assessments would stand endangered yet additionally the general wellbeing everywhere would be in serious danger in these COVID-19 pandemic occasions,” the supplication said.

About Author

Admin

Admin

Related Articles

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment

RSS Sports

  • LIV Golf, Saudi relationships pull Trump to Florida as markets rage - The Washington Post
    LIV Golf, Saudi relationships pull Trump to Florida as markets rage  The Washington PostTrump is dropping into Miami at rush hour. What it could mean for your commute  Miami HeraldPresident Trump arrives at Doral for LIV Golf event after helicopter mishap  CBS NewsTrump says PGA-LIV 'merge' would be a 'great thing' as talks between tours continue  Fox NewsDonald Trump […]
  • Former Seahawks QB Geno Smith gets new deal with Raiders, reports say - The Seattle Times
    Former Seahawks QB Geno Smith gets new deal with Raiders, reports say  The Seattle TimesSource: Raiders, QB Smith reach $75M extension  ESPNAt first blush, Geno Smith’s contract isn’t dramatically better than Sam Darnold’s  NBC SportsRaiders HC Pete Carroll on contract extension for Geno Smith: 'We're working on it'  NFL.comValue of Geno Smith’s new Raiders deal indicates he just didn’t […]
  • The $135 million Jackson Merrill extension is latest Padres win - New York Post
    The $135 million Jackson Merrill extension is latest Padres win  New York PostSources: Padres' Merrill lands $135M extension  ESPNAnalyzing Merrill's massive contract extension: 'My goal is to win'  MLB.comPaul Zeise: Why an early deal for Paul Skenes wouldn't work for him or Pirates  Pittsburgh Post-GazettePadres Daily: Jackson Merrill’s perspective; hustling up runs; just a couple undefeateds  San Diego Union-Tribune
  • Case Keenum agrees to terms with the Bears - NBC Sports
    Case Keenum agrees to terms with the Bears  NBC SportsBears sign QB Case Keenum to back up Caleb Williams  ESPNChicago Bears are signing QB Case Keenum  YahooBears Sign Journeyman Quarterback to Provide Depth Behind Caleb Williams  Sports IllustratedBears bringing on veteran QB Case Keenum to mentor Caleb Williams: Source  The New York Times
  • Man who conned ex-NBA star Howard gets 12 yrs. - ESPN
    Man who conned ex-NBA star Howard gets 12 yrs.  ESPNView Full Coverage on Google News

Follow Us